Applications for organisation membership must describe the activities, aims and objectives, and legal basis of the organisation before applying for membership.
As a co-operative and environmental charity specialising in repair and re-use, we rely on the support and commitment of our members. The Bower’s strength and ability to keep doing what it does well is very much related to the strength and diversity of its membership and community. Becoming a Bower member is a great way to support our work and be rewarded for it.
Members of the Bower receive a number of benefits.
- A membership loyalty card which gives a $10 discount after five shops of $10 or more
- The opportunity to be involved in the Bower’s consignment program and sell restored goods in the Bower’s shops at Marrickville and Parramatta
- Eligibility to join the Bower’s board as a member director and have a say in the governance of your co-operative
- Voting rights at General Meetings
- Exclusive access to our tool library
Requirements of being a Member
Along with paying the annual membership fee, Bower Members are required to fulfil one of the following criteria each membership year in order for their membership to be classified as ‘active’.
- Donate goods for sale to the Bower to a value of at least $2
- Purchase goods from the Bower to a value of at least $2
- Promote and assist with the activities of the Bower in a voluntary capacity for a period of at least one hour.
Note that this is a renewing payment, that will be charged every year automatically.
• If you do not wish this payment to be automatically charged, please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the head-office on Sydney 02 9568 6280.
• You can cancel your Bower Membership, and stop the yearly payment, at anytime. Again, please contact us at the details given above.
• If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!